Tuesday, May 21, 2002

and the tears flow on...

You know, I may have started off hating IB and dreading staying in the program for 4 loooong years, but I am SO SO SO happy to have completed it. At the IB banquet, everything just hit me like a tidal wave. I come in, and for the first hour or so i was just chillin with my sister, not really in the mood to mingle or anything. Then, we started the ceremonies. With the superlatives (bow down to "loudest" and being infamous for constantly calling in sick), speeches, and most of all, the video (thank you Kristen), I realized just how special being in the program is. I know its not exactly all its cracked up to be, but the experiences and the brothers and sisters i made are priceless. I cried like a baby half the time. I couldn't help it, i really am going to miss everyone so much.

The weekend only got better on Sunday. I had work, but then headed over to alex's party with my buddy Luis. It was lots of good, clean, wet fun. LOL. We just hung out and slip and slided are way through the night. Messiah played and they get better and better every time i hear them. I wish the best for you guys cuz you people ROCK! I admit, i felt apprehensive about meeting Alex's GF, what with all the...confusion that happened with us. But thankfully she's cool, things are great, and i HONESTLY, honestly wish you guys the best, too. Anyways, somehow during the night everyone made plans to eat at Fridays and chill at my house, which is always cool beans with me. So we leave alex's and like 20 of us meet up around 11 at TGIFriday's. We must have made the servers so mad, coming in late and wrecking the place by moving all the tables. I value all these "chill and conversate" occassions now, cuz who knows when i'm gonna really get to do this with everyone again? So we eat and about half of them end up at my house around 12:30ish. We watched the prom video and did our 2 most favorite activities, karaoke and DDR! Finally around 3ish we decide to call it a night. o/` Dayyyyy-O, Daylight come and we wanna go home! o/`

Well, i get up this morning and meet up with everyone for our very last grad practice. Everyone i chilled with last night was pretty much dead, but Stever and i kept ourselves awake by singing classic Weezer songs. We were at practice forever and didnt get out until 1 =/. The Baccalaureate tonight was pretty nice and of course i was crying yet again. Afterwards, My family and I went out with Daphne and her mom to my fave place, Cafe Tutu Tango. An hour wait but a round of free drinks, lots of conversation, tango dancing, and full stomachs equals happy people. and OMG...graduation tomorrow. I am on cloud nine =).

No comments: