Thursday, April 04, 2002

other people are hell

senior prom. AHHHH...to me, images of gorgeous people (everyone is gorgeous when they're dressed elegantly), dancing, partying 'til the break of dawn, and reminiscing on the past 4 years with close friends comes to mind. It's just grand, isn't it. Then, of course...reality strikes. A night like this requires careful and tedious planning. You laugh. "Tedious plannning?", you say? "Riiiight. This isn't the oscars, hunnie." But believe me... looking for a dress, a date, and even a limo (YES, a limo) can turn into the drama that has frikken unfolded in my life.

Anyways, I'm not going to get into all the details of whatever fiasco is going on right now. After all, the story is pointless and petty. But, it's the things like this that show people's true colors. Right now, i completely realize the traits that i despise in people. On top of my list are:

1. Spoiled
2. Undependable
3. Using people

Let's start with the first one. SPOILED. To me, being spoiled isn't just having material things. Anyone can have things or even be materialistic, but at the same time they could still be honest, kind people deep down. Being spoiled is a state of mind. It's a person who must have everything their way, whether its "oh, can you drive because i want to get drunk off my ass" EVERY TIME you go out with them, or even "NO, I want a limo with a sunroof and and want everyone to spend extra cash so one other person and I can joyride for an extra hour after prom...even though no one else wants to do it, i still want you to pay." THAT, my dears, is the principle of being SPOILED. 'Spoiled' also includes expecting a friend to call a million places and have them call you with every little detail, even after you showed dissatisfaction in plans and clearly stated that you were in the process of making your own plans. SPOILED PEOPLE, listen up. Who are you to think that your friends are your PR service for you. We are your friends, and not maids who'll serve shit up to you on a fuckin silver platter. Learn a simple concept called compromising. Believe me, it will help you in the real world.

On to the next, being UNDEPENDABLE. If you say that you'll take on the responsibility of doing a task for friends, try your hardest to fulfill it. When you take on responsibility, other people depend on you. It's a simple idea, but some people need it to be clearly broken down for them. Especially when the responsibility you take is something that needs to be done promptly due to time constraints and/or when about 10 other people expect you to come through. If 2 months before an event you tell people that you have things covered and handled...then guess what, as friends they expect you to do what you say you're doing and not back out or give outrageous choices when it comes near event time. Possible consequences of being undependable: loss of friendships, reputation of being known as a bitch, and even a limo-less prom ride. Quite sad, if you ask me. But hey, if you’re going to let people down you deserve it. Plain and simple.

I also highly despise people who use friends. Look, friendships aren’t about getting the “hook-up”. You don’t say your friends with someone just because they’ll get you into a party or they’ll drink up with you. Friends aren’t meant to be taken advantage of. They are meant to be respected and appreciated. You don’t incessantly demand your way. Demanding is so rude. Have some respect. You don’t call a friend up to ask her if she has liquor in her house so that you could pick it up and get toked up while you go to some party where you’re gonna whore yourself out. You just don’t and if you do these things you’re SAD. Really, really sad. Life isn’t about take take take. You give a little, and you get a little. Learn, bitch.

By now, I’m sure whoever reads this sees that the comments on these observations are quite personal and are targeted at somebody. I’m not trying to call attention to myself, or get anybody to agree with me. I just want people to realize that they should look at themselves before they go around whining away and expecting everyone to succomb to their damsel in distress attitude. I just say no, I’m sick of it. And I will no longer put up with it. One of the things I’ve always believed in is that with friends, it’s quality over quantity. I don’t care if I have 1 or 100. I value true friends. Its sad that such petty differences have come to a point where I’m losing friendships, but then again the way people react to any situation shows their true character. Thank God i'm spending the most special night of my senior year with true friends who know how to compromise and give a happy attitude, instead of this spoiled uneasiness. it's gonna be great and i am SO excited.

To those that this entry concerns: grow up. People are sick of your spoiled attitude and after this fiasco, I truly know who you are. Respect yourself and others, and maybe one day in life you’ll put value into your actions.

No comments: