Friday, October 21, 2005

fine wines and daydreams...

With Hurricane Wilma swirling off the Florida coast, my imagination has gone on overdrive of how to spend the ideal "hurricane day". Undoubtedly, i envision lover and I surrounded by flickering candlelight whilst consuming a number of trans-fatty snacks washed down with a grandiose amount of budget-friendly vino. Although there is a small part of my conscience implanting seeds of guilt as it reminds me of the ultimate damage Mother Nature can inflict, I'd completely be lying if I said I wasn't really excited for us to get our glutton on. After all, my style of living leans more towards the making lemonade out of lemons school of thought.

What is described above isn't a far cry from our usual days (as proven by our newly acquired "happy pounds"). Him and I have a certain affinity for taking random days out of the month so we can pretend we're on vacation. Then again, who wouldn't take pleasure in living like that. It's such great therapy for the hostile grind we call life. This is all additional reasoning as to whay I've long been a self described semi-hedonist. Not in the "get wasted and have no regard for self discipline" type of hedonist, but definitely the acquisition of pleasure through good company, a diverse array of experiences, educated discussion, and all other norms of life that result in mental balance.

It's pretty evident that life has been pretty good lately. Still, I have this lingering feeling that i'm itching for something new. In times past, i've satisfied this by simply trying a new restaurant or taking a road trip to gather my thoughts. I'm not quite sure if any of those would hit the spot though. An idea was placed into my head earlier today...is being halfway around the world potentially in my near future, or is that thought merely a figment of my imagination...??



[]+[]

ewww. i just read my own post and i hated it. It sounds dry and boring and...unrefined. Kinda like badly written pieces ive read where thoughts are unorganized but the writer tries to make it sound like it's worth something by throwing in way too many SAT words out of proper context. I DETEST THIS STYLE. Do I seriously write/think like this now? ahhh the art of legal writing: superfluous use of words at its finest. and yet another hobby turned cold...

No comments: