Thursday, May 01, 2003

Music makes me hiiigh

If you allow me the latest game
I don't ask for much, but enough room to spread my wings
And the world finna know my name

--The Roots : Seed (2.0)

I just saw the video to that song. My second favorite one off Phrenology other than Break You Off. OHHH I miss that CD. I used to bump it every night before i lost my primary CD case, along with 20 of my beloved cds. I think it actually may have been stolen out of my car. It was pretty tragic, considering i'm so attached to my music. Along with Phrenology, i lost Morning View by Incubus (the second copy that I had), Whoa Nelly by Nelly Furtado (don't hate, I used to have song #4, Legend, on repeat forever) and my Another Sad Love Mix Vol.1 (a mix that i could have probably drowned myself in all semester). *sigh* oh well, the way i look at it, i'm hoping someone out there is enjoying the music i love. Gotta pass the beats on, you know?

Speaking of music and videos, i remember how much time i used to spend watching BET and MTV back in the days. Back when music networks actually played (surprise!) music videos! Those days were ill. During summers Michele and I would chill watching MTV Jams in the late mornings and the Grind in the Afternoons, then Video Soul on BET at night. God, those days were so chill and the music was sooo good. I remember singing my heart out to Shai's "Baby I'm Yours" and H-Town's "Knocking da Boots" LOL. I also remember how i used to have this guilty thrill every time i'd hear "I Wanna Sex You Up" by Color Me Badd or "Let's Talk About Sex" by Salt N' Pepa. I would hear the song or see the video..then change the channel really fast but flip back to it every couple seconds. It's almost like the pre-teen who discovered the snowy porn channel or something. =P I guess those songs are part of the backdrop off my childhood. Definitely the good ol' days...

Reminiscing on those care free days makes me a little sad. I was such a happy, chunky little kid. hehe. Especially during the summers, i have nothing but good memories. I feel like those experiences shaped me into being a pretty positive person now. I'm really thankful for that. I guess i'm just thinking about those days since i'm not too sure what this summer will bring for me. Everyone is all grown up, working, and busy. At home, things are changing all around me. I long for the days when life was simple and innocent...

Life can be pretty tough sometimes, and lately i've been feeling as though i'm somehow being tested. But in no way will i forget the happiness that is possible for me. I continue striving for the utmost contentment, but i've strayed from running away and losing myself in the facade that i can often conjure. It's ok to feel bad sometimes, right?

damn. 4:13 AM and i babble on...it's weird how a mind can go off in so many tangents, eh?

No comments: