Monday, April 07, 2003
the cycle continues
Don't you just hate it when a friend says a really enlightening quote, and you repeat it over and over in your head to remember it, but just as you finally have time to write it down, the words completely slip out of your mind. Well that's precisely what just happened to me. I guess the least i can do is at least document the context of the quote...
Today I happened to get into a conversation with my Lead from work, Jennifer, on guys and relationships. The usual break-time girl-talk. Jennifer is an extremely sweet twenty-something, but she can be a little emotional and shy at times. Anyways, i was getting into my personal guy problems and to my surprise she responds with complete authority. "Diane, get out now while you can. We've all been there but you have to dump him before you're in too deep." Seriously, coming from Jennifer, i knew that i was listening to honest advice. It's hard to imagine that the last time we were on this same topic, tears were coming out of her eyes and I was the one saying "Hey, you're too good for him. Being single is great!" What a complete role reversal. During this conversation, i realized how much i had changed from my old self... from the times i felt comfort in singledom. In those days, i was in control, independent and satisfied. I hate to admit it, but these days i've been feeling insecure and needy. As Jennifer put it, I had unfortunately entered "the Dark Side".
So surprise, surprise, yet another month has passed and i am once again having problems with the "significant" other. My relationship life is pathetically turning into what i call the monthly burnout. I've established a pattern where usually a month after the start of a relationship i either get tired of them, they get tired of me, or problems arise and were both just mutually fed up with each other. I only write in this thing about once a month, so it seems as though the most prevalent thing i have to think/write about is my relationship life. Au contraire, but it's just therapeutic to write about this particular topic. I'm not gonna get into details about the whole fiasco. This blog is called vaguethoughts, after all. =) Gotta live up to the name, you know.
how am i supposed to take what you say to heart when actions speak louder than words?
o/` well i'm bouncin' / and i'm out son / I gotta leave you alone... o/`
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment