Wednesday, December 20, 2006

bravo, Bravo!

I must say, my immune system has impeccable timing. I assume it's decided to take it's own little winter vacation, because right now it sure isn't working for me. Once again my temples and upper respiratory system are in self-attack mode and, as a result, my PTO is working in full gear. It must all be in God's Master Plan though, because if I wasn't at home semi bed-ridden, I would have missed the Project Runway Season 1 Marathon currently running. Can I get a big whoop whoop?!

I have to admit, i latched onto the bravo reality series bandwagon really late... just last year with Season 3 of Project Runway. But i've been a bonafide fan ever since. Let me tell you, I was downright religious when it came to watching every episode. Now, i'm totally getting hooked on Top Chef (how could I not?) and i'm sure their new design show will be just as addictive. My only complaint? Heidi Klum, seriously. The high pitched voice, the repetitive spiels, "it looks cheap, no?". Every time she speaks, I itch to push my mute button. Can I get a vote to have Micheal Kors and Tim Gunn run the show without her, pleeeease?!

Anyways, how about that Ilan? I just watched his Top Chef audition video. Yum!... and i'm not talking only about his food. I have a thing for those passionate intellectual types, although relationships with these kinds of men are a hellish clash to my own persona. Jun's more of the practical, care-taker, super-patient type, which has proven to be a much better fit for me. Ohhh, and Sam!! "Duck fat. If I could swim and bathe in duck fat. If I could make looove in duck fat, I would make tons of LOVE in duck fat!" LOL I adore that quote. What epicurean hasn't had THAT thought before? Seriously, if you don't understand, you just don't. Finally, I can't write a post on Top Chef and leave out the fact that i detest, DETEST Marcel. His ugly ass, wolverine-like haircut and gargantuan ego absolutely grate on my nerves. He needs to take his molecular gastronomy and shove it. Believe me, I respect those who practice MG...if your name's Ferran Adria, for goodness sake! I just hate how Marcel goes around thinking he's better than everyone because of his knowledge on the topic ... I'm personally no longer impressed by carrot foam and fake caviar, especially since the concept has become such a culinary fad, and an annoying one at that. I'll take a satisfying coq au vin, anyday, thanks.

With this being said, anyone interested in taking a spur of the moment trip with me to dine at El Bulli??

No comments: