It's the middle of summer and here I am, making a list of my 2007 resolutions.
At the top of the list:
1. INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL
which relates to the next item down:
2. SAVE SAVE SAVE!
It's been 4 years since my last trip abroad and i'm dying to feel the energy of a non-American society. If it does happen, I think i'll use my travels to defer from adult life just a little longer. I'm craving those old feelings of excitement that come from experiencing new environments. I want to meet people with completely different mentalities & lifestyles. I need to taste, smell, feel the world in a way that only an escape from the doldrums of American life can provide.
I've obviously been watching too much of Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations. I admit, I envy his life. Then I ask myself, "why can't that life be my own?".
Ahhh, the hopes and dreams of a broke post-college quarter life crisis victim. At least I still hope. At least I still dream. And at least I know it's still possible.
Thursday, August 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment