12:45 AM and I sip a glass of lukewarm light vanilla soy. The usual sounds of the Mister softly snoring in the background and hark!, I recall that I can pass the time until drowsiness overcomes me by writing in this oft ignored blog.
I recently came back from a trip to baby's previous home state, minneh-so-tah. Who knew the city girl from the Big Apple would adore the Twin Cities? I admit, my New York ego (or what's left of it) shunned the thought of fun in the midwest. Instead, I envisioned corn fields and masses of puti high on crystal meth. Although I'm sure my rendition of this particular area of the good ol' U.S. is true to some degree, Minneapolis-St.Paul was refreshingly vibrant. In short, my trip was absolutely fantastic! So wonderful, in fact, that living there crossed my mind more than once and could very well be a possibility in my 5-year forecast. We'll see. Going anywhere away from hot and humid FL has the tendancy to do that to me.
Highlights of our trip:
+ SNOW!
+ Suite at the Hyatt on Nicollet with a gorgeous 18th floor view
+ Darrell, the coolest ass door man
+ Green drinks and parades on St. Patrick's day (oy vey to hangovers on a short vacation, though)
+ Skyways!
+ The mini-city known as Marshall Fields
+ Jun and I's MSP tour de cuisine: Hell's Kitchen (OMG huevos rancheros to die for!), the Local, Masa, Saji.ya (can we say freshest sushi i've ever had and the bill is on the house...what?!), Quang's, Chang Mai Thai
+ the lesser known, but just as satisfying food of Ho-Ho's. (ha ha!)
+ cold weather fashion
+ watching Jun's niece star in the lead role of Hanuman
+ Philippine Day Celebration
+ Sunday Mass at St. Paul Cathedral
+ watching Jun wile out to Lodi Dodi and dancing with Jade at Level
+ Three words: Mall of America (H&M!)
+ and last, but surely not least... Jun's family and friends! His nieces! Ohhhhh they're so sweet and beautiful. His sisters and parents who made me feel more than welcome. His massive extended family of aunts, uncles, and cousins... all crazy cool (ang saya-saya!). His cousin Marco, ridiculously similar to my Kuya Rain. The two must meet one day! Separated at birth, I say! Jerico and Manny...never letting Jun and I pay for anything, reminiscing on old stories of the boys, taking us to the local hot spots, just being damn cool!
Best part of my trip? Leaving loving Jun even more =)
Get over the sap...enjoy the visuals!
Our next destination? Nassau, Bahamas via Cruise Ship - June 2006! (Jun and I's one year Anni, parents 25th Anni, my college grad, my bday, dad's bday, mom's golden bday, janelley's bday super festivities bonanza!)
Friday, March 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment