Tuesday, May 10, 2005

these are the confessions of a serial dater (pt 1)

my apologies to the XY chromosome...
I really need to not date anyone. I'm indecisive, easily annoyed, and practically bi-polar when it comes to the opposite gender. i really dont understand how i can be completely enamored by someone at one moment, only to want to scream "get the f*ck away from me" the next. It's baaaad. I'm victimizing these poor lads. It's come to the point where as soon as i like someone i'll have a mutual feeling of pity for them. I never, ever set out to hurt anyone but i'm too upfront and blunt to pretend that i'm still interested when frankly, i'm over it. Is it possible that i'm addicted only to the chase, that temporary feeling of euphoria that stems from flirtatious glances and undivided attention? How do i get past that and develop something more substantial? By no means do i even desire a relationship, but i'm notorious for dropping guys with no concern for their feelings. isn't that fucked up?! and i do have a healthy amount of male friends, but you can only be a friend if it's STRICTLY friends-only. the moment it even steps into the vicinity of near romance, i say au revoir ex-platonic buddy. It's a shameful, shameful way to treat innocent guys...but now no one can say i didnt try to warn you.

No comments: