Faith, Hope, and Love
This morning i woke up in a great mood. I realized that i absolutely adore life. Breathing, laughing, sharing, dancing... even sadness and anger are worth living for because they allow me to continuously value everything God has bestowed on me. I felt like this morning He revived this positive attitude in me that i haven't felt in a while. Today i vowed to bring back my love affair with life...the Valentine's spirit had definitely gotten to me!
Speaking of the big V-day, i'm probably the only eternally single female who loves this holiday with as much enthusiasm as a child on Christmas. Especially this year, i had not an ounce of cynicism or feeling of distaste. After all, i celebrated with my family with a great feast cooked by my dad and received gifts from the parents. Had a really good time buggin out with my sister and acting silly. Definitely nothing to be "anti" about today.
On another note...indecision usually really bothers me. but i decided that i'm leaving it all up to the Higher Being and i trust that wherever the wind may take me, it'll be in the right direction.
i leave with my favorite passage on love:
1 Corinthians 13:1-7
If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels,
but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong
or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy
and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge,
and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but
do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess
to the poor and surrender my body to the flames,
but do not have love, I gain nothing.
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it
does not boast, it is not proud. Love is never rude.
Love is not jealous, it is not self-seeking, it is not
easily angered, and it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the
truth. There is no limit to love's forbearance,
to its trust, its hope, its power to endure.
Love never ends. But as for prophecies, they will
come to an end; as for tongues, they will cease;
as for knowledge, it will come to an end. For we
know only in part; but when the complete comes,
the partial will come to an end. When I was a child,
I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned
like a child; when I became an adult, I put an end to
childish ways. For now we see in a mirror, dimly,
but then we will see face to face. Now I know only
in part; then I will know fully, even as I have been
fully known.
And now these three remain:
Faith, Hope and Love.
But the greatest of these is Love.
Sunday, February 15, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment