Thursday, April 17, 2003



On many different occassions, i've been accused of "thinking too much". Perhaps this is an example...

A couple weeks ago he gave me this plant that he had gotten for free for signing up with an environmental group on campus. He gave it to me and told me it was to help bring oxygen to my room so that i could breathe easier. I had been coughing and found out earlier that day that I had bronchitis. It wasn't the prettiest thing, but it was definitely a nice gesture. A nice gesture that i didnt feel came around as often as i would have preferred. Since we started having problems, i noticed that the plant was slowly dying. I watered it daily, but it just became more and more diseased. When our problems climaxed, the plant was at a point where it was just a shriveled mess.

Today, i looked at my room mate and told her that he gave it to me, and it's state was symbolic of the state of our relationship. As a joke, i went the plant and started performing CPR on it. I literally put my fingers to the plant and pressed down on top of it into the dirt, saying things like 1-2-CLEAR!. It was pretty funny, but then i knocked the plant over. I picked up the plant and the dirt, but it was obviously unsalvageable.

Well tonight we finally spoke again, and it's all over. Last week, we broke up, got back together. We continued for maybe like 2 days, but then i completely blew up at him. Blew up at him and said things no one, especially him, deserves to ever hear. and now it's over.


my analyzations keep on rolling. silly to compare, i know. but there that plant was, for me to think about.

No comments: