Thursday, April 24, 2003

i shoulda stayed home and studied

So instead of staying in and studying like the good little girl I am =P, i just went out and had a pretty not-so-hot night. My suitemate Ashleigh, Shanta and I all made a last-minute decision to hit up AKA Lounge. Tzar, Ashleigh's boyfriend, was performing so we did our usual appearance to support the local scene. Well, for some reason, none of us were really too excited about the night, even though it was probably the last opportunity for us to all chill together before the summer and before we move in together next fall. I guess all of our intuitions had been forecasting that something negative would go down.

All I remember was Shanta and I getting our lounge on and chillin' on one of the couches right after Tzar's set, talking about the art on the walls and the beauty of the human form. The next thing we knew, half the guys there were on the ground. Punches flew left and right, i saw blood and heard bottles breaking on some of the guys' heads. I think i was pretty frozen on the couch while I saw mad people rush to the fight that was happening not even 10 feet from me. But I snapped out of it as soon as I felt Shanta get up beside me, and i shouted at her "Let's be out!" Later on I found out there's some obvious beef with the local hip-hop scene. Sad...let's live in love, peace, and unity, y'all.

We chilled outside for a while, which ended up being the highlight of my night. Most of the crowd was gathered outside talking about the details of whatever they saw. In the meanwhile, i moved off to the side and happened to discover this other tight little lounge right next to AKA called The Mark. Score! I love these intimate little places and the band they had playing tonight was really good. I just sat on their stoop and chilled to their set. Then a little ways down the street I saw this interesting little art gallery called The Oval on Orange. While wandering around even more, I passed by this bar, Bodhissativa, that described itself as "the nudist, buddhist, biker, bondage bar". Uh ok, that's cool! Hey, whatever people are down for! LOL glad to have found some positivity after all that craziness happened.

So note to Michelle (my partnah): we're going to have to do some strolling around downtown this summer, as usual. Plus, The Mark reminded me of that little jazz club Let Let brought us to that was in the Village in NY. We gotta start discovering all the little places orlando has to offer, too!

Oh, to add to the ghettoness of the night, this really un-fly brotha tried to run game the whole time, much to my dismay. But he's a chef at a local restaurant and he offered the three of us free meals there. LOL poor college students need to eat right? haha j/k. Then while driving home these two guys in the car next to us tried to sell us some weed through their car window. What the hell? This wierdo night was more ghetto than the day i lost 2 hubcaps and had to buy some from Wal-Mart. haha ain't no shame whoop whoop!

(Wilson you must think i'm EXTRA ghetto now, right? ha ha ha =X)

Jeez, i'm glad to be back at my dorm and in my PJs...*yawn* goodnight! ZzZZZzZzzzzz

No comments: