Wednesday, April 17, 2002

put the pride aside

This past weekend i had the opportunity to find myself once again. One of the most important thing in my life is my faith. I went to a retreat at my Church this weekend, and I had a great time meeting people, getting closer to God, and strengthening friendships i already had. More importantly, i was reminded of many things that i had somehow forgotten. Lately, Church hasn't been something i've been dedicating any time to. It's a sad fact considering it used to be the first priority in my life. I always told myself no matter what, i'll always hold my ground religion-wise. Unfortunately, i've been a whole bag of excuses and now i want to change that.

I learned so much. I remembered about so many important things in my life. Prayer, humility, living life to serve God, kindness, and forgiveness. Many of these ideals have slipped away from me lately. No wonder ive been feeling so confused and bitchy and i admit... unecessarily outspoken. I guess i was pretty much lost but thank the Lord someone put me in my place. Father Robert, our Priest, had this bright idea of writing down our sins (before confession), so that afterwards we can burn the paper, thus seeing our sins turn to ash to be swept into oblivion. It was a cleansing experience, cuz seriously...let's just say that piece of paper was chock full of the wrong i had done. Seeing my sins turn into those orange embers and later to dust made me feel like i can renew myself. And I gladly accept the opportunity.

I'm truly sorry for many, many things. Nichole, check your e-mail and please find it in your heart to forgive my hypocrisy.

*sigh*. It's not easy to admit you're wrong, but it's about time i did. Change equals progress and Lord knows i can't stand continuing on in ignorance. It's about time change started now...

No comments: